Every town has a past, every place a history. So does the 10th district of Vienna, the former workers’ bastion. Although the peace was never disrupted again in this district that was once rich with manufacturing plants, there are still recognizable signs of its capitalist blossoming of around the year 1900. The Hugo Reinhold Gläser Factory with a brick façade quoting its great English role-models is a part of this history. This factory complex with workshops, a forge, boiler plant, engine-room and a residential building was built in 1889, the late foundation period (Grunderzeit) in Vienna. In 1906, when an expansion was added to this ensemble, it could have been easily mistaken for a factory in Manchester because the machine shop had an intricate glass roof. Maximilian Luzzatto of Trieste was the client for this industrial relic that is today a protected monument.