Fundació Mies van der Rohe and Creative Europe are proud to present the third edition of the Young Talent Architecture Award (YTAA).
The Prize recognises the talent of recently graduated architects, urbanists and landscape architects, and facilitates their interaction with the sector’s main stakeholders in Europe, providing the opportunity to develop synergies and complementarities with the architecture offices and institutions of their choice.
Following the successful participation of China and South Korea in 2018, the guest countries of YTAA 2020 will be Brazil, Chile and Mexico.
YTAA is organised by the Fundació Mies van der Rohe with the support of the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, in collaboration with the European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE) and the Architects' Council of Europe (ACE-CAE); World-Architects as founding partner; the European Cultural Centre as a partner in Venice; the sponsorship of Jung, Jansen and Regent; and the support of USM.
Schools registration is now open for graduation projects presented by students between January 1st, 2018 and December 31st, 2019.
The Jury invited to discuss and analyze the projects will be:
- Martine de Maeseneer, (Chairwoman) Vicedean international affairs faculty of Architecture, KU Leuven, Brussels;
- Oleg Drozdov, drozdov&partners and co-founder of the Kharkiv School of Architecture, Kharkiv;
- Juliet Leach, Head of Marketing, RIBA awards, London;
- Rosario Talevi, Curator Making Futures Bauhaus+ and Associate Researcher Universität der Künste, Berlin;
- Bet Capdeferro, bosch.capdeferro architecture, Girona (Winner EU Mies Award for Emerging Architects 2011).
The results of the Young Talent Architecture Award will be presented in the context of La Biennale di Venezia 2020.